The wellbeing of our homeowners is something we actively support. We do this by developing resorts that encourage interaction and activity with beautiful green spaces and gardens. Our country clubs have gyms, heated swimming pools, tennis courts and bowling greens. Our communities are located close to local amenities and essential services. We encourage and support our residents to create social groups and participate in activities that promote health and wellbeing.
At GemLife, we create an environment that supports engaged, high-performance teams and encourages ownership of sustainable business outcomes. We strive to create a welcoming and inclusive workplace for our employees with opportunities to develop and grow while delivering exceptional work performance.
Some of the ways in which we do this are:
- Health & safety – As part of our commitment to workplace health and safety we have increased internal resources and aligned policies with industry best practice. Our workplace health and safety committee is empowered to improve organisational communication and consultation.
- Learning & professional development – We promote professional development of our people and encourage ongoing formal and informal training opportunities. We actively support trainees and cadets as well as offer workplace training opportunities.
- Hybrid working arrangements – Where practical, we support hybrid working arrangements to allow employees workplace flexibility including opportunities to work from home.
- Recognition – The GemLife team is large and diverse. It is vital to acknowledge and recognise the excellent work done by our team which in turn fosters cohesion and camaraderie.
- Wellbeing – We acknowledge that the success of GemLife relies on our employees. As a result, we have introduced a range of programs designed to support their holistic wellbeing.
We believe each of our resorts is a part of the broader community. We actively support the local community and one of the ways we do this is by employing local contractors and supporting local businesses where possible, thereby bringing a tangible investment to the local area. Another way is through our corporate support program of community events and activities, providing an opportunity for our residents and staff to be involved. We also encourage and recognise homeowners and employees who take the initiative to support and fundraise for local charities.
Some of GemLife’s support programs include:
- Noosa Surfing Festival
- Gold Coast Running Festival
- Sunshine Coast Running Festival
- Run The Rock
- Gold Coast Beach Parade, and
- Cancer Council Australia’s Biggest Morning Tea
- Gold Coast Knights Football Club