FEDERAL GOVERNMENT RENT ASSISTANCE
If you are on a pension you may be eligible to receive a rebate from the Federal Government to help cover GemLife site fees.
Federal Government Rent Assistance rates are updated on 20 March and 20 September each year, in line with the Consumer Price Index.
Individual circumstances apply. For more information:
Phone: 13 23 00
PENSION ELECTRICITY REBATE
Rebates are available to people who hold the following cards:
- Pensioner Concession Card
- DVA Gold Card and receive the War Widow/er Pension or special rate TPI Pension,
- Queensland Seniors Card
- Commonwealth Health Care Card.
Rebate terms and eligibility conditions vary by state. For more information on rebate amounts and how to apply, go to:
HOME OWNERS’ COMMITTEE
Residents of an independent living community such as GemLife Resorts can form a Home Owners’ Committee with elected representatives.
The Home Owners’ Committee (HOC):
- is formed of home owners only, and cannot include any representatives from GemLife
- acts as a liaison between individual or groups of residents and the Resort Owners (GemLife) in regard to issues affecting the Resort
- may determine its own procedures and policies, provided they comply with relevant legislation
- can establish sub-committees if desired to address specific areas.
More information about the operation of HOCs can be found on the links below.
FIND A SERVICE PROVIDER
GemLife partners with OptiComm, one of Australia’s leading providers of turnkey solutions for optical fibre networks. Home owners have access to a choice of retail service providers offering high-speed broadband, telephone lines and Pay TV compatible with OptiComm’s networks.
To find a service provider in your area, go to https://www.opticomm.net.au/residents-2/get-connected