The GemLife’s RSPCA Cupcake DAY event served up a super-sweet day of fun, all to raise funds for the RSPCA to help animals in need.
Our special guest & baking contest judge, MasterChef runner-up Georgia Barnes, tested about 30 of our resident bakers’ tempting treats in a fun baking contest.
Congratulations to all our Category Winners!
A big shout-out to our residents from GemLife Highfields who made a long trip to join this important annual RSPCA fundraiser, as well as our future residents from GemLife Pacific Paradise and GemLife Maroochy Quays.
Our residents raised nearly $1000 for the RSPCA. Thank you all!
It’s not too late to get involved. Visit our fundraising page (https://www.rspcacupcakeday.com.au/fundraise/fundraisers/gemlife) to donate. A $20 donation provides an abandoned kitten with a warm bed, litter tray and a meal tonight.
We’d also like to thank Amanda and Janine from Bribie Café for their invaluable assistance today.
The winners were:
- Cupcakes: Joan Nicholls – Carrot Cake, Cream Cheese Frosting and Salted Caramel Cupcakes
- Sweet: Janine Juavvo – Jatz Biscuit Cake with Fresh Cream, Berries and Chocolate
- Savoury: Sam Morris – Chorizo and Rocket Muffins
- Gluten-Free: Judy Haigh – Zucchini Slice
- People’s Choice: Carolyn Redgate – Pork and Fennel Sausage Rolls
Carrot Cake, Cream Cheese Frosting and Salted Caramel Cupcakes – by Joan Nicholls
Jatz Biscuit Cake with Fresh Cream, Berries and Chocolate – by Janine Juavvo
Chorizo and Rocket Muffins – by Sam Morris
Zucchini Slice – Judy Haigh
Pork and Fennel Sausage Rolls – by Carolyn Redgate