The perfect way to start a day on the road
When you are out and about seeing the beautiful sights of Australia in an Explore by GemLife motorhome, there’s nothing better than indulging in a delicious, easy-to-cook brekkie to set you up for a great day of exploring.
GemLife Chef Matt Conquest put his skills to the test in the Explore motorhome kitchen with this super delicious, mouthwatering recipe – ciabatta, smashed avocado, and poached egg.
- Put a pot of water, with a good splash of vinegar, on the stove to bring to the boil to poach the eggs.
- Put avocado in a bowl, add seasoning to taste, lime zest and juice, and a splash of olive oil. Mash it together with a fork and set aside.
- I like to toast my ciabatta on a grill. If the barbecue is out, turn it on high. Spray the ciabatta with oil from a can and season.
- When the water is boiling, crack in your eggs and poach to your preferred level of ‘poached-ness’ (3-4 minutes for a firm white and runny yoke, or more time according to taste).
- Scoop out eggs and drain on paper towel. Grill ciabatta on the grill.
- To serve, split the rocket between the plates. Add a drizzle of olive oil over it. Lay the ciabatta on the rocket, spoon the smashed avo on the ciabatta and place the poached egg on top. Crack some pepper on top and you are away!